Terms & Conditions
2. H&M may, acting reasonably and at its sole discretion, apply, interpret, terminate and make any minor changes to the Rules at any time. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or on our Role Model website. The most recent terms and conditions will always be posted on our Role Model website.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules or the results and all other matters relating to the Role Models Initiative, the decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. We will process the information that you submit to us in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated in this terms and conditions. To get more detailed information about how we process your personal data and how you can exercise your rights, please visit H&M´s privacy notice.
5. Persons 18 years or older, who are not under guardianship, with a residential address in any of H&M’s markets are allowed to upload an Entry to the Role Models initiative. If you are aged under 18 years, H&M assumes (and you warrant) that your legal guardians have given their consent to you entering the Competition and accepting these Rules.
6. H&M reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. H&M also reserves the right to disqualify and remove any entries based on suspicion of infringement of any third party rights or if H&M has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
7. By uploading your story and photo you participate in our Role Models Initiative.
8. By submitting your Entry, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
9. There is no purchase requirement to submit an Entry.
10. Multiple Entries are accepted.
11. H&M has the right to, at its sole discretion, immediately remove any material deemed offensive.
12. H&M is searching for Role Models who we can all learn something from to progress towards a better tomorrow. Entries will be reviewed by representatives from H&M with the ambition to present a rich variety of stories; diverse, authentic and relatable being lead words.
13. Chosen Entries will be selected and featured as a Role Model in the H&M channels.
14. H&M, acting reasonably, reserves the right not to select any Role Models.
15. H&M cannot be held responsible for any costs associated with being a Role Model, else than what is specified in the Rules. If costs such as taxes or loss of income would arise as a result of participating in the Role Models Initiative, they shall be covered by you.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
16. You specifically grant H&M a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to moderate and use your Entry for H&M’s marketing and/or in H&M’s advertising, including the online store, emails, social media – H&M channels and paid social media, store materials, external marketplaces which H&M collaborates with and other customer communications conducted by H&M, its affiliates or partners. H&M may use, reproduce, distribute, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your Entry in its sole discretion.
17. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights in and to your Entry, (ii) you have permission from any person(s) appearing in your Entry to grant the rights herein, (iii) you are 18 years or older, and (iiii) H&M’s use of your Entry will not violate the rights of any third party or any law. You hereby release and discharge H&M from all and any obligation to pay you for any use of your Entry and any of the intellectual property rights contained therein in connection with the uses described above; and You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold H&M and any person acting on H&M’s behalf harmless from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with use of the Entry as described above.
18. The Entries and associated usernames will be public to all. By entering the Role Models Initiative and accepting the Rules you agree your Entry can be broadcasted via digital feeds.
19. By sharing your story and/or submitting your Entry and accepting the Rules, you agree that H&M may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the Role Models initiative by sharing your Entry.
Limitation of Liability
20. H&M will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction of hm.com or any consequences thereof.
21. H&M accepts no liability for any loss, damages or disappointment arising from entering the Role Models Initiative or in any other way relating to the Role Models Initiative, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. The Rules will be governed by Swedish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden. If you access the Role Models Initiative outside of Sweden, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.